[Resin-interest] quercus questions

Nathan Nobbe quickshiftin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:26:17 CDT 2007

hello all,

i am interested in quercus and intend to begin experimenting with it.
just getting started, im curious if there is a list of extensions that are *
known* to be supported at this time.
all the extensions are listed in the php online
manual<http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php>,
so i wonder if theres a document that just lists
all of them and the support status under quercus.
also, i am very curious about pdo and xsl / xml.
pdo<http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo.php>was introduced in php5,
and there are separate drivers for each database;
currently i work with sqlite3 (corresponding pdo driver
api<http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlite.php>),
and in the future will be running mysql and possibly oracle as well.
also, php5 unveiled a new xml infrastructure built on libxml2.  it seems
obvious that quercus is going to implement xml
support through some java libs, instead, but i wonder about the
simplexml<http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.simplexml.php>and
dom <http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.dom.php> extensions; these are built
into php5
using the new libxml2 framework; so are these extensions available in
quercus via an identical interface?
there are also a number of xsl <http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xsl.php>and
xslt <http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php> functions.

all of these things are critical to my current system architecture and for a
viable transition to quercus all of them would need to be
available.  a reference doc would be a great starting point for me, if its
out there..

thanks,

-nathan