[Hessian-interest] Hessian Flex with ArrayCollection

Jim Worke jimworke at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 21:15:24 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently having a problem in sending a list of VO objects from Java to Flex.  My VO object has attributes that themselves are also lists of other VOs; e.g.

public class MyParentVO {
    private List<MyChildVO1> childVo1;
    private List<MyChildVO2> childVo2;
}

In my Flex code, I have

[RemoteClass(alias="com.test.MyParentVO")]
[Bindable]
public class MyParentVO {
    public var childVo1:ArrayCollection;
    public var childVo2:ArrayCollection;
}

I kept on having this error: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert []@917ab1 to
mx.collections.ArrayCollection.

However, changing the Flex class definition to Array instead of ArrayCollection will work, but Array are limited and I would like it to be ArrayCollection.

For the list of MyParentVO, I can do a new ArrayCollection(result as Array).  But for the internal child attributes, I will still have the problem.

Does anyone experience this while using Hessian with Flex?

Cheers,

Jim

      Get your preferred Email name!
Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com